Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Weirdness: Good joke?

Okay... so here's another site I visit occasionally: Ping Pong Balls

The premise is that they post the punch line, and you have to write the joke. Here's my recent post there.

-----

I went with a friend to a new restaurant, decked out in 80's style, covered in pictures and screen shots from various 80's sit coms. It was pretty wild looking, neon colors against bright white tile floors. I took a look at the menu and saw that all of the food was named after the same characters, celebrities and shows I grew up with as a kid.

The waiter checked in. "Can I get you anything to drink right away?"

"What's the Diff'rent Strokes Shake?" I asked.

"It's half vanilla, half chocolate," he smiled.

We ordered. I got a Cheers Beer and my buddy got a Miami Vice on Ice.

Before long, we got our drinks... and I was still trying to decide on what to eat.

The waiter approached again for our order.

"What's that," I asked, pointing at the table next to us.

"That's the A-Team. It's a half-pound burger with everything, served with a heaping pile of bullet fries and onion grenades."

"And that?" I asked, pointing again.

"The MacGyver. It's whatever the cook can find in the kitchen all put together to look like a homemade bomb, served with M*A*S*H potatoes."

"Oh, THAT looks pretty good," I said, pointing again.

"That's the Dukes of Hazzard. A big slab of Boss Hogg Hamm, Roscoe P. Coleslaw, and we can throw in a jar of Uncle Jesse's Moonshine for five bucks more."

Just then, a tubby, naked man with orange goo dripping from the top of his head ran over and sat next to a surprised customer.

"Holy hell!" I said.

"Don't worry," said the waiter. "That's just the Mr. Belvedere with cheese."

5 comments:

  1. Wait, I don't get it.

    Is it because the show was 'Cheesy'? Sorry for ruining your joke. I'm going to go drink my juice box in the dark now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooooooooooooo! ;)

    The punchline given was "Mr. Belvedere with cheese." I had nothing to do with that last part. Sorry for not clarifying it earlier.

    Thanks, Jake... hope you're still liking the new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna Mr. Belvedere with Cheese! Nice job;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No... no, you don't. I shiver at the thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. i was actually thinking 'yummy' up till I got to the punch line. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete